John Constable - Cloud Study, Early Morning, Looking East from Hampstead.
❤☮☭folloш foя мoяе soft сoммцпisм☭☮❤
A person shouldn’t have to be “respectable” to be treated like a human being.
Today, every inch of me is covered with bruises that could easily be mistaken for birthmarks
because of how long my skin has tried to turn itself inside out.
Today, a mourning dove took one look at me and flew away.
Joan, today it was all I could do to keep myself alive.
But you once led an entire army the same way a wildfire rages
through the pine trees that previously stood in its way.
I turn twenty in less than a month, and already I am full of northern lights
that would rather fade than flame.
Joan, at the same age you captured Orleans and Rheims, stormed through the heart
of Paris and became a hero to your people;
today, I was too tired to lift myself from the battleground of my bed.
There are entire months in which I would rather be dead, Joan,
and still the mountains keep rising in my chest higher and higher
until any ounce of survival I had left is scored with shrapnel.
Tell me the tale of how you rode your horse through miles and miles of town
and even the arrow wound to the neck couldn’t keep you down.
At nineteen, you were tried and burned at the stake,
and today, I wish to die before I wake.
Joan, teach me how to be
the hero I need.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
|mom:||did u do ur chores|
|me:||yea if my chores were to smoke weed and be cool on the internet all day lol|